She said not many girls have beauty and brains so she thinks there are guys just beating down my door to date me. That’s funny. I said I beg to differ on both accounts not to mention I lack social skills. Mom says, “Melissa, it is not like guys are lined up waiting to date you or anything.” She said it in a nicer context than that sounded but it is still pretty funny that she said it. I laughed, anyway.
The hot tamales box say “now with more kick!” but they taste exactly the same as they did not the last time but the time before that. The last time I ate them they said the same thing. Remember how much you looooved them? So much that you just couldn’t stop eating them. That was a brutal lunch. I am pretty sure they never charged me so I will have to say something if I ever go back. And pay for the shipping. Yeah, that will make sense to only one person. I write differently now that I know people read it. But what do I care if it is confusing? [shrug]
Speaking of candy, LJ and I went to pick up stuff for the party and given she is a sugar addict we went a little crazy. Have you been in a candy aisle lately? There are all kinds of crazy things there that I had never heard of. Of course I wanted to try all the new things so… looks like we’re having a candy party.
I feel like I should feel out of place at the moment. I came with LJ to the doc and am sitting working by this artificial pond in the courtyard of an office building. It is something that looks like it should be enjoyed but probably is mostly ignored. Many people walk by and I look like I am camping out or something. First just eating my lunch and then typing on my computer [working, wink wink] with two bags and my manuscript all spread out. Yet, I really do not care what anyone is thinking of me something that is rather unusual in my case. At any rate, if feels perfect.
Thursday, August 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
WHERE ARE YOU? Please come back ...
I've been banned from blogging until I finish my paper... [sad face]
who did that (to me)?
give me his/her email ...
miss u,
p (feeling a bit better, and happy that you got bought off some TAing and will be able to have a writting-vacation in NL)
Post a Comment