Tuesday, July 25, 2006

it was a thursday

He was as dramatic as he has always been, one of those many things on which you can always count. Just like I can count on getting shit from him for leaving early which will subsequently be followed by a crack about when am I going to hook up with the next Storly.

When I picked up Jeremy for the concert in the park - the park that now has a skate park, by the way - I saw Jeff. It was the first time in probably seven years. Every time he spoke I tried not to laugh because have you seen the movie Fargo? Yeah. He talked just like that. I mean, they all do but his was exaggerated. It was only later that it occurred to me that it is probably because he married a german girl [who hates me] and he rarely gets to civilization. He looked exactly the same and he smiled exactly the same which is why it was so strange to see him all grown up with his grown-up house and grown-up furniture and grown-up tool box. I didn't like that. It is no wonder I am still in school, single and shopping from delia*s.

I have not spoken to Jeremy in months and I always have to be the instigator even though he always promises he will call me next. I assure him that I will not hold my breath. When I arrived I did not even know that it was now his new permanent address and that he was an employee of Aberdeen Central High School. These things did not matter because we are always either talking about absolutely nothing and laughing our asses off or having deep serious conversation [and generally still laughing despite the serious undertones]. Nothing in between like, where is your place of residence? and what are you going to do after you graduate? which is probably why I love talking to him so much. We have very different views on many things but we somehow manage to work around them. It is like we just talked three days ago instead of three months.

"You know you just killed Aberdeen, right?"

No comments: