Wednesday, February 15, 2006

christmas card

Hello, Melissa.
Thanks for the Christmas card. Here's one in return.
Best wishes,
Jeremy


It may as well have read:

Melissa:

Thanks for the Christmas card, now I feel obligated to send you one in return. Hopefully you learn from this and do not send others in the future. You are not worth the postage costs.

Good riddance,
Jeremy


I always joke that I cannot take a hint and that is why I am always the one to call him or the one to email him even though it takes months for a response. Maybe it is not a joke anymore.

2 comments:

jers said...

Okay, so I am just a wee bit misanthropic. Mel, you have been a very forgiving friend to endure my spontaneous tirades, empty promises, and cold responses to your sincere and heartfelt communications.

meli said...

rut row... that was supposed to be funny but by re-reading it looks like I am really mean and terrible. SORRY! You know I love you and I think you are a great friend. I've been meaning to call these days, btw.

Hey... you got to my blog?