I know why I like it. I like it because the people are real to the extent that it is inappropriate for cable television. They are imperfect in the sense that I like them but they are not good people. They fuck up quite a lot and they make us see people who can be dicks, dicks that we like and want good things for. This is the show that explains why that girl stays with that boy even though there is an aspect to him we all really hate and in this context we even sort of understand it. Most television and movie characters are some sort of ideal. We like them or we hate them. Here we like them but GOD why did they do that? Oh. Because life is full of complicated situations and sometimes those situations can really fuck a person up. Or sometimes that person was just raised under those conditions and change is scary and it is all they really know. Some people get a little bit crazy, some people have a temper. People fuck up and that is real life.
I recently convinced Mom that she and her boyfriend should purchase and watch the first season.
"We are still getting into it but I think I like it... Lakin has a little bit of trouble with the gay stuff but he's not open-minded like we are."
A week later she informed me that the gay stuff was too much and was too stereotypical and was too in-your-face.
All I can say is that at least they will be dead soon.
Oh, who am I kidding... the young are nearly as bad as the old. Under the influence of America these days I hold little hope for the next generations.
I recently convinced Mom that she and her boyfriend should purchase and watch the first season.
"We are still getting into it but I think I like it... Lakin has a little bit of trouble with the gay stuff but he's not open-minded like we are."
A week later she informed me that the gay stuff was too much and was too stereotypical and was too in-your-face.
All I can say is that at least they will be dead soon.
Oh, who am I kidding... the young are nearly as bad as the old. Under the influence of America these days I hold little hope for the next generations.

3 comments:
Hey Melibers
Checked out your blog again today - it could become addictive you know... I've never watched SFU and I only just recently caught up with Sex and the City!! Ten years later than everyone else, I decided that 4 shoe-obsessed yuppies in New York actually had something very profound to say. I am totally addicted to the show now even though nobody really watches it anymore...
To be honest, I haven't REALLY watched TV for the past 10 years and my current place is the first house I've ever lived in that has cable, so that's a huge novelty. Now I have to catch up on 24, Buffy and SFU...
What channel is SFU on?
Ciao, F/
SFU ended the series this past year. It was on HBO but I just watched them on DVD. Amanda owns seasons 1-4. There are 5 total. LOVE them!
I have also recently watched sex in the city... but just the tbs clean version and not that many episodes. It is good though.
Hi,
I have seasons 1-3 of sex and the city and all seven seasons of buffy if you ever need them.
cheers, mp
Post a Comment