I just came really close to taking those two pairs of black shoes that were sitting on the ledge of the dumpster. I could use some new shoes...
I feel different. Worrying about money can really change a person. Well, not so much ME me. I still feel like sort of the same person, but my lifestyle has certain been altered. I have changed the way I eat, my social interactions and even the way I think and what I think about. Sometimes I miss the way things were but I also can appreciate my new awareness. I used to drop money like it was just no big deal... as if I needed all of those things. Should it really be that easy to eat whatever I want, whenever I want it? Do I really need the latest coolest clothes from delias/urban outfitters/etc? Do I need to go to the movies or concerts? Should I pay the fifteen dollars for one day at rockreaction, or the eight dollars for a movie plus six dollar popcorm? No no no no and no. But saying "no" all of the time can really wear on a person but I do not want to stop being invited either. It is actually rather refreshing to know that I can cook cheap vegan meals for myself, that I do have some self-control, that I do not always need instant gratification.
Although... I might be getting a little too carried away. Take this senario for instance.
During the job skills seminar, Amanda reaches over to grab my pencil. I figured she was jotting down notes. When I saw a cartoon character drawn on her paper, I gave her a look and whispered, "Stop wasting my lead." She immediately put the pencil down and turned her attention to the speaker. A moment later, she looks at me confused and picks up the pencil again to resume her progress on the unfinished piece. All I could see is lead that would not be used to take useful notes and write useful lists. "Amanda! Stop wasting my lead! I'm poor!"
She humored me and gently placed the pencil in front of me.
I feel different. Worrying about money can really change a person. Well, not so much ME me. I still feel like sort of the same person, but my lifestyle has certain been altered. I have changed the way I eat, my social interactions and even the way I think and what I think about. Sometimes I miss the way things were but I also can appreciate my new awareness. I used to drop money like it was just no big deal... as if I needed all of those things. Should it really be that easy to eat whatever I want, whenever I want it? Do I really need the latest coolest clothes from delias/urban outfitters/etc? Do I need to go to the movies or concerts? Should I pay the fifteen dollars for one day at rockreaction, or the eight dollars for a movie plus six dollar popcorm? No no no no and no. But saying "no" all of the time can really wear on a person but I do not want to stop being invited either. It is actually rather refreshing to know that I can cook cheap vegan meals for myself, that I do have some self-control, that I do not always need instant gratification.
Although... I might be getting a little too carried away. Take this senario for instance.
During the job skills seminar, Amanda reaches over to grab my pencil. I figured she was jotting down notes. When I saw a cartoon character drawn on her paper, I gave her a look and whispered, "Stop wasting my lead." She immediately put the pencil down and turned her attention to the speaker. A moment later, she looks at me confused and picks up the pencil again to resume her progress on the unfinished piece. All I could see is lead that would not be used to take useful notes and write useful lists. "Amanda! Stop wasting my lead! I'm poor!"
She humored me and gently placed the pencil in front of me.

1 comment:
or THAT crazy...
Post a Comment