Wednesday, July 05, 2006

pigtails and babies

It had been ages since I had that much exposure to a small child and I was lucky to have the most content 1 year old I had ever met. I was looking forward to this day for several weeks and in the morning, I put on my babysitting play clothes. Something colorful and friendly complete with the pigtails. Her mom said that the plan did not work. She was supposed to cry and scream so that I would stop wanting kids. She neither cried nor screamed. I asked her mom if she was going to freak out when I took her and she said no... she's pretty independent. I really like that about a kid. We loaded up and went to the Uni Center for an iced latte and sat under a tree to play and eat Cheerios and cookies but not avocado. She will not fall for that if you sneak it into her cheese sandwich. We managed to entertain each other for a good 3.5h. No complaints. Just toys, books and snacks. For what more could a little girl ask?

Dear Melissa and Amanda,
Thanks so much for hanging out with me on Monday... I had so much FUN! I was so tired after playing with you I fell asleep in the car and was too tired to eat dinner. Hopefully we can play again sometime!!! ....although mom says I'm not allowed to unless I cry or throw tantrums for you... she says you guys have to finish school and I was not helping by being soooo cute!
Thanks again,
Kyla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»