Sunday, October 30, 2005

our bangin' party

The day of the party finally came and I was too exhausted to drink and dance and change my clothes even though I had been looking forward to it for 6 days. I wished I could cancel it all together. When we did finally get things in order and our costumes were on and I was midway through a pumpkin spice soy latte, I was ready. I felt like a completely different person and looked like it too. It is kind of sad that I was a much cooler person that night than I am on a normal, ordinary day. I had a feeling he thinks I should wear makeup all the time.

I loved every second of the night. I loved how so many people came on time and I loved that every time I went in my room to check on Lily she was sitting by the door and looking at me like, "why can't I play?" "Lily, it is not a good atmosphere for kitties - trust me when I say you would not enjoy yourself." I love that there was a toddler there and his parents actually let drunk me in 4 inch platform heels pick him up. I love that so many people danced and that I spent the majority of the time dancing. I love that Howie was a rooster and that Dale actually came even though they said he wouldn't. I love that he is also vegan and that I have known him so long without even knowing he is vegan. I loved that he was so into his costume an hour and a half before the party even started. I love how she is always on my side and how she noticed things going on and would give me reports. I loved that she let me do her hair and that it turned out so 70s and cool. I loved that there was a guy passed out in the hallway the entire night. I loved how I guessed his costume on the first try. I loved that there were so many costumes and that I hated most of the music but it did not stop me. I love that she came and complained so much. I really enjoy listening to her complaints because they are always amusing and she generally always has a good point. I love how most of what I know about the party, someone else told me. I love that the cop was kind of stern and that there are always three of them and that he said, "OH NO!" when I asked if he would arrest me if I did not stop making so much noise. I love that when he said "we're going to go inside and shut all the windows and doors, turn down the music and tell everyone to try to keep it down" I thought he was following me. I love that she came even though she had three reasons why she did not want to. I love that she let me cut her dress that short. I loved how there were so many people there that I didn't know and when I asked her who they were she did not know either. I love that the dry ice guy was there and that he most likely did not even recognize me even though I did not realize that at the time. I love that we bought 7L of vodka and not a drop was left by the end of the night. I love that 8 people who said they couldn't make the party ended up coming anyway. I love that there was fruit floating in the punch and that at every party we accumulate a little more tecate and now it occupies the entire bottom shelf of the fridge. I love that I drank just enough and did not mix liquors. I loved that she came in a costume and drank and danced. I loved how at the end of the night my feet were sticking to the carpet and there were beer bottles and red cups everywhere! I loved how she becomes a mute when she drinks and last night she got drunk and could not shut up. I loved how he made a joke everytime the picture with him came on. I loved seeing those pictures and not even knowing that it had happened or not remembering being right there. I love how I blistered my finger on the black light and then he touched it anyway. I loved practically everything about that night but I think there will be no more parties at our house. Can we come to yours?

I wonder what he is going to do with my name.

Peace out home free.

4 comments:

Quetzal said...

I loved that you put something in the punch which a) made everyone keep drinking after they were already to drunk, b) want to make out with someone besides their significant other (except I) c)made it look really pretty on the floor or carpet or me or my camera (I smelled like it when I got home)

she said...

cool! dale and howie were there too???
post pix, pleeeease. wanna see you wearing makeup and high heels.

meli said...

yes, dale and howie were there and so was rahbi... and of course jake, jesse and kia. I love climbers. pictures are coming! howie was a rooster!

[q, you looooved the punch!]

Quetzal said...

Yes....I had two cups. I don't remember tasting the second cup, but that's because my whole face was numb.