Sunday, October 23, 2005

in my old shoes

I wish I could still prevent the tears as I could before. I used to be the person who would never cry. No matter what. There was actually a point in my life where I would wonder how many years it has been since tears came. I could only come up with the 10 days my cat ran away. I cried myself to sleep every night until the special paw prints were seen on the deck in the freshly fallen snow. Before that incident as an eleven year old, I couldn't think of another crying time besides when I was very young. Back then I would cry any time I was instructed to do something or was even mildly reprimanded for my naughtiness. I was very sensitive. Now the sensitivity rears its ugly head again and I cry over the cheesiest moments I encounter day to day - generally frivolous things like commercials and full house reruns and lifetime original movies and romantic comedies. Do you think there has ever been a good lifetime original movie? I would have to go with 'no', I think it is a law. So, the crying began when I dated him. It began and then refused to stop. I wonder... if he never would have happened would I still be as stoic as I was pre-him? Or was it the older age? Or just the experience of "feelings" in general?

"1994 called, they want their scrunchie back."

5 comments:

she said...

i'd say it's age and the awareness of the world, 'cos i have it too and, boy, am i old?
but then again, i've ALWAYS been like this.

ps - just spend 1 hour bawling over Harry Potter's latest. m almost laugh himself to tears with the sight of me washed in tears holding a children's book.

Quetzal said...

I cried during Charlies Angels (first one). I got really upset that Drew Barrymore had to be all naked and that guys were eating it up...that they appreciated in fact that she was acting like a slut...when she's so cute and seems so nice! One of the many days I hated being part of this race. It was silly, I know.

Yea, I've cried all of my life. I'm an easy crier.

So you watched it! Did you like it?

cat said...

Hello!!! You know how I cry! Whale Rider is all you need to say and you know you are more normal than me.

meli said...

ummm... okay. You might all be worse than me when it comes to shedding of the tears. mine just seem to come at the most inappropriate moments. the whale rider incident is classic and I do not remember that scene from C. Angels but I am sure I never cried and harry potter??? can't say I read it but I would have laughed at you too. hehe

meli said...

Awww... that is nice. Unless you want me to call just so you can make fun of me.