
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY BROTHER!
Today he turns 29 which is very close to turning 30. That is some scary shit but at least his life is together. He will wed in April and he knows what he wants to be when he grows up.
Charlie was born in Sterling, Illinois [right?] but moved to the great south dakota at age three [?], maybe two. He loved the dog Alfie and when he was a toddler he once ran away with the dog and a box of Cheerios. What more does one need? Our parents must have still been passed out from the previous night of dropping acid and passing the J [just kidding, Mom!]. At any rate, he crossed three streets without adult supervision and was found later pinned to the ground by Alfie on a pile of leaves while the dog growled at the maker of the pile of leaves. See, he was in good hands. Who needs parents when you've got a big brave beautiful golden retriever by your side?
He was an unruly child. Burying my brand new my little ponies, starting fires, stealing candy, stealing cable splitters, crushing the doll furniture I put in a hole in the snow for the Littles, you name it. I think he got annoyed because I always played with him and his friends because I did not have any of my own.
We did our share of fighting whilst growing up but it always got worse when Jeremy was around. I think Charlie always really did like me even when I was "almost" touching him or standing between him and the television screen. [I really did think he was too lazy to get up to throw me across the room, but no.] At age 14 we were tragically separated. He moved to Texas to live with Bio dad and I stayed in South Dakota. The next time I saw him - he was a cowboy! "Wanna dip?" He wore his pink poppy shirts and had a giant belt buckle. He is going to kill me for saying it but hell, it is a part of him whether he likes it or not. It was cute.

When he moved back he drank carrot juice with me and ran with me. He swore he had worms because he ate a lot but was skinny. "I can't even eat. I feel like I am just feeding the worms!" HA!

I went to visit him in Georgia earlier this year. It was really great to see him and I wish I could be closer. We did not fight even once and he let me sleep in the bed. But no dogs in the bed, nuh uh! I wouldn't do that! That would be wrong! He loves those dogs and I do too.


He loves that girl and I do too.

As dysfunctional and confusing as our family is I think we all still like each other.


And we shall all live happily ever after...

I love you, Charlie and miss you too!

3 comments:
happy b'day for charlie!
[is the girl on the top photo you? nah ...]
cof, cof (yes, still!)
Yep, that's me! Isn't it obvious? I think it looks exactly like me but no one agrees.
I didn't have any on me... don't thank me yet. [you made a cute lil cowboy!]
Post a Comment