He said to imagine he showed us a picture of a girl playing the violin and he asked us to make up a story about the situation. She hates it... she is only playing it because her parents are forcing her to do so.
Turns out it is one of the tests that psychologists use to determine how driven you are. If you imagine her to be practicing like mad so she can acheive her goal of being the next best violinist in the world then you are a highly motivated person. If your story involves her being miserable then you have low drive. Yeah. I agree. The funny part is... I begged my mom and dad to let me take the violin and I enjoyed doing so. So the fact that I completely ignored my own experience is pretty convincing that I really just do not have much drive.
Then I learned that contrary to what I always thought, I actually have lots of motivation. It is the volition part I lack. damn it!
Turns out it is one of the tests that psychologists use to determine how driven you are. If you imagine her to be practicing like mad so she can acheive her goal of being the next best violinist in the world then you are a highly motivated person. If your story involves her being miserable then you have low drive. Yeah. I agree. The funny part is... I begged my mom and dad to let me take the violin and I enjoyed doing so. So the fact that I completely ignored my own experience is pretty convincing that I really just do not have much drive.
Then I learned that contrary to what I always thought, I actually have lots of motivation. It is the volition part I lack. damn it!

1 comment:
this makes me laugh. i am glad you are learning so much in your classes. teachers are cool.
mp
Post a Comment