Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I sit in the back row

I wanted to tell that girl to stop messing with her computer because it was distracting for the students around her but then I remembered I was taking the class, not TAing it. I was just another distracted student and what do I care if she wanted to chat with 2 people, play video poker, check her email every 10 seconds and use her phone to send and receive text messages? Whatever.

It is kind of weird being a student in a normal class again. Especially one that does not in any way relate to biology. I find it a bit wishy-washy and annoying but I hate it when other students complain.

But what I really hate is the way students raise their hand. I've been observing this behavior for, I don't, FOREVER! and it never ceases to confuse me. A person will raise their hand high to presumably get noticed but as soon as the instructor turns toward them and might actually see it, they lower their hand behind their head and only raise it again when the instructor looks away. Sort of this up and down awkward motion. I really do not get it. Not that I've ever raised my hand in class but I would hope that I would know to keep it raised if ever I want the attention.

Which I won't.

Ever.

No comments: