Tuesday, October 17, 2006

just words

I don't take enough pictures anymore and I wonder if it is because I see nothing I need to see again later. I don't think so, because there was that porch with that food and there is a little red tomato growing on a dying plant on my balcony. The cat. The cat is always interesting. The fish standing on his head and heidy looking really cute riding her bike tonight. That would have been a good picture. The guy passed us on foot three times and finally told us we were horrible bike riders and he was thinking about getting one but now he sees that walking is just as fast. I laughed so hard I almost fell off my bike. She just did not want her face to get ripped off. I understand.

Know what else I understand? I understand why he said no and that just because it took 28 years to ask someone, it doesn't mean I won't get rejected. I know that I'll get over it but I don't want to do it ever again because it's just not that fun and I only want to do fun things. Things that are not as risky. And not that risky where you might die if you slip off the mountain but the embarassing kind of risky. It was kind of scary and I don't know why she doesn't get it or what there is not to get. What's so confusing? Isn't that what people do? They get a date to prom?

And I cannot emphasize this enough. Nobody did anything wrong. Sometimes doing nothing wrong can make me sad too!

And if you are so upset, why don't you just go blog about it? Can I say that here? I can say that here, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you for at least asking. The thing about prom is.. it is all about strategy. You need great hair, a great dress, and great friends, really the guy is the last accessory you add. They are mostly just aorund for the pictures anyway. mp

Quetzal said...

umm...I still think he was trying to be funny. He probably didn't know you were actually asking (for realz...which you weren't really..right?) and then it got to awkward when he finally realized you meant it....for fun, but not for actuald ating? Yea...I don't get it.

I didn't have a date for prom! I went with 5 friends...it was freaking fun! And by the end of the night some guy whose date had left with the hottest guy in our class (eventhough I thought he was gross cuz he seemed dirty, and he always thought it was funny to run after me and try to fart on me...he did bring me that plant for my birthday though....) wanted to go the the spa with us later because we seemed fun. He wasn't fun. And I wasn't allowed to go anywhere after prom. My mom picked me up at midnight and she drove me home. I didn't get to go to grad night either because she thought I would have sex there (I think she didn't see my pictures)