I was cold in my short-sleeved shirt last night. I was supposed to be cold. It felt right and I felt like it was five years ago. Lately I have longed for those moments. This morning all I longed for was the sun to shine. I assumed that once I was up and out I would be okay, but when I pulled into my lot and parked in the same spot I had just left it was still dark outside and my eyelids still wanted to be shut. That meant the bed would be calling. I knew I would regret burrowing down into the covers and, for once in my life, I successfully resisted the temptation to be lazy. No one would have cared if I slept except for me but normally I am happy to disappoint myself and give in to instant gratification [much like now... I am blogging instead of grading]. Instead I cleaned until I was just as late for school as I am always except this time I walked the route in a light rain.
Still waiting for the sun to let me know the new day has begun.
Still waiting for the sun to let me know the new day has begun.

No comments:
Post a Comment