Tuesday, September 26, 2006

bouncing, bottles and biology

I lived with her for a year so I already knew, but to see her in action at work and at home, it is confirmed - she's amazing! I have not seen such high efficiency in very many people. She isolated DNA from 40 mosquitoes in the time it took me to do 20. She loaded 48 wells while I loaded 16. She had a pcr going before I even knew what was happening. Her dinner would be on the table seemingly like magic after a short time of me playing with the child while I spent 1.5h in kitchen to prep mine. She slept fewer hours and had 100x the responsibility yet I was the one completely exhausted throughout the day. She made time to deliver me to concerts, take a long walk to coffee and zoo animals, accomplish several errands in a single morning and make sure everyone was happy and having a good time. Everybody was excited to hear about her because everybody who knows her loves her too!

And the kid... she is an adorable bouncing fool! So much energy and so many smiles!

And the dad... he is so excited and so involved and in the process of learning his state shapes and capitals so as not to be shown up when she turns 8.

I had to relearn them myself. How embarrassing! So next time you say Kentucky, I'll think Frankfort.

No comments: