Tuesday, September 13, 2005

home sweet

Exiting the airplane and stepping into the John Wayne, I really felt like I was at home. I think I felt more at home now than I ever have before. Could it really be that home is Irvine? Maybe it is the cat or the herbs or the new breakmaker or simply that it is all I really have and it has been about FOUR YEARS here now! Or perhaps it is the friends - R. Jo's got the funniest stories and Catherine has the coolest most subtle wink and LJ's super sweet and Heidy is tons of fun... and... and... and...

I used to love airports mostly for the people watching. People at airports are such an eclectic bunch but now I am too slef-involved with my iPod and my making of the exam and the huge ass atlas shrugged book that I swear I am never going to finish and the cell phone. Do you think Ayn Rand had a crazy, violent sex life? Or do you just think she wishes she did? Her characters are so extreme and the relationships completely unreal and strange but I am really fascinated by all of it. I wish there WERE those characters in my life and I wish I WAS Dominique or Dagny.


His family finally met the mistresses daughter and I liked them and Brooke especially like me. I was boring and would not dunk under in the pool because I did not want to have to wash my hair again and GOD why didn't I just frickin' get my hair wet and then wash it again? There was nothing particularly special about my hair just then and it is not like I had absolutely nothing better to do except maybe watch the same five music videos they play on MTV and VH1 over and over again. To make it worse I had to get out of the water because Brooke could not stop spitting in my face and splashing me when she would swim away or when a wasp would come into site.


Jennifer was cute and I loved her apartment and the way she tucked two little cookies in each plastic bag but didn't seal them and how she blew her whistle really softly to demonstrate what she would do if she gets raped or mugged and how she made a collage of all celebrities and strategically placed Demi Moore and Debra Winger on the same page because they both have deep voices.

No comments: