Sunday, November 20, 2005

The night I went out in heels


If he was still emotionally pulled to his exgirlfriend I would have none of that. I think she should listen to everyone. But I am a piece of everyone so I guess that makes me somewhat biased. The next couple of days are going to be very rough for her. He almost fell in love last weekend and now this weekend he changed his mind. At least he feels. I wonder how long it would take him. I hate that I am wasting energy by leaving it on 4 degrees for infinity but the door was locked, I had no choice. She could not go because she had to work on a manuscript and she could not go because she had to study for the gre and she had to pass because she had to work on her presentation and she had to cancel because her reaction didn't work so she was feeling antisocial. I had to go because my reactions never work and I am going crazy and she had to go because, well, she just bought new pants and the most shocking of all... she just plain wanted to go even though she rarely goes out. I put on the super high shoes that I thought were a good idea even though she told me they were gaudy. I ought to start listening to others. With them I was five ten ["just like cindy crawford"] and towered over LJ. I was going out with Heidy - she would look tiny! I switched to LJ's heels. I hummed and hawed over it for quite some time, practiced walking and then thought, why not? I just had to practice not dragging my feet. There is no "heel toe heel toe" walking with those. I looked like a fool. When we arrived at the bar there were girls in heels and yes, they also looked silly. Luckily the shoes did not prevent dancing. The music was eclectic which kept the night interesting. My favorite part was the 80s hip hop and then the reggae and my least favorite, the 80s soft rock. The best is when you enjoy a song so much that when you are dancing to it you forget that your feet have never been in more pain and even when you step on one foot with the heel of the other you incorporate that pain into your moves. I really liked how when we were all lined up, walking single file towards the door to leave, we were really going to the dance floor for some more dancing and even the tall guys danced. Tonight was a good night and I am sorry I did not call. Did I ever tell you that when Jacq and I used to dance every thursday night many people did not like us and some said we danced like we had tourrets? I think I still dance like that.

[if lily fell in the fish tank would she know to hold her breath?]

1 comment:

she said...

You're a great dancer ... and I would cover the aquarium for Lily's sake. I'll email you back SOON. Swear.