Monday, November 28, 2005

giving thanks


We cheered for something, a few things, but I do not remember what they were. It was my first thanksgiving I had anything resembling turkey and my very first unturkey ever. It started as a misunderstanding. Well, really it is because I'm just not funny.

In an email...

Me to Jonathan: I went turkey hunting last weekend so I will bring my catch for dinner.

His reply: I’m curious as to the appearance of the soy turkey. Knowing the new-found pride in authenticity, I expect it comes fully fledged with wings and feather stubs.

So that meant me, bringing a soy turkey. Really the muscle portion was made of wheat gluten and the skin of tofu. Yes, there was skin and it was stuffed as well with a side of gravy. It was much better than I had anticipated.

At dinner things were discussed that would only come up at the table of a scientist. Cindy asked, "Oh! What could possibly be beautiful about a scorpion? They are disgusting!" Jonathan, very seriously says, "Their booklungs!!!"

No comments: