When he suggested I watch it I believed him that it was going to be great. Maybe even the best movie ever. I think it was. It was at least way up there and everything I love in a movie. The quirky woman with the cool clothes and the quirky little girl with an errant choice of hobbies [cos quirky is always good]. The curious little boy who does curious little things. Children behaving in ways that would make their parents faint. Parents who have no clue what their children are really up to - which is probably most often, the case. People with potential being bored, people with potential being boring. An artist with anthropomorphic pink shoes and pictures. An old couple in love. The most romantic two block walk I have ever witnessed. By far, my favorite part.
I know she did not understand because she hasn't seen it and because I did not describe it well, but when he signed his email "Beijoes and ))<>((", I had to laugh hard and long and after both times reading it and under other circumstances I think she would have laughed that much too.
"Call me if you ever feel too old to drive."

4 comments:
I LOVED it too. Also up there on my "favourites ever" list.
[and who (else) is emailing you in portuguese?]
[i'm in lisbon until the 25th ... LOVE lisbon too]
there's a graduate student here from brazil... and that's the only word I get.
glad you are having fun in lisbon. hurry up at get here though!
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»
Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»
Post a Comment