It was supposed to be one of those gloomy days where you get nothing done because you would rather be on the couch with a movie or a book or a friend. When it began to pour I knew I was done for. We both played hookie but it seemed the work gods were against us. We could not find the right movies and the sun began to shine and she had to hide when we ran into her boss and the popcorn was not very satisfying but the ice cream was and I could not stop feeling guilty so that feeling in my stomach would not go away. Today - working on a beautiful sunny Saturday. A Saturday that almost convinced me it would rain all day given it was pouring in the morning. I was not going to fall for that again so I drank TWO cups of coffee before the clouds parted, giving way to a day that is good for that guy visiting from New York. A good day to spend in the lab blotting and tearing mosquitoes and hoping I will not fuck up my pcr. A day that should have happened yesterday. Saturday, March 11, 2006
a not so gloomy day
It was supposed to be one of those gloomy days where you get nothing done because you would rather be on the couch with a movie or a book or a friend. When it began to pour I knew I was done for. We both played hookie but it seemed the work gods were against us. We could not find the right movies and the sun began to shine and she had to hide when we ran into her boss and the popcorn was not very satisfying but the ice cream was and I could not stop feeling guilty so that feeling in my stomach would not go away. Today - working on a beautiful sunny Saturday. A Saturday that almost convinced me it would rain all day given it was pouring in the morning. I was not going to fall for that again so I drank TWO cups of coffee before the clouds parted, giving way to a day that is good for that guy visiting from New York. A good day to spend in the lab blotting and tearing mosquitoes and hoping I will not fuck up my pcr. A day that should have happened yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment