Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I confuse my cat.

I am not one of those good pet owners who thinks about what is best for my cat. If I decide to switch her to a raw foods diet then BAM! One day she just has to eat raw food or die. Those are her choices. Then when I decide to stop that and put her back on her organic free-range chicken dry food then BAM! Eat it or die. She complained a lot when I made that particular switch so I changed yet again to the dry trader joe's cat food. No gradual changes there either. When she ran out and I hadn't yet made it to the store for more, she would get another helping of raw food to hold her over for a day [because I still have lots in the freezer]. The vet said to start giving her canned food and suddenly all of her dry food was replaced by trader joe's canned food. When that ran out it was an emergency run to albertson's for a can of friskies, then mother's, then trader joe's again, then a series of friskies canned food that I found on the edge of the dumpster, back to mother's, then trader joe's and now science diet canned AND dry. We have progressed to options. I feel bad when I get home late and she is out of food so I figured if things get sparce during the day she can resort to some dry stuff. That began tonight and she just spent 15 minutes eating non-stop, going back and forth between wet and dry. When the ants get into her food in the kitchen I clean them all up and move the food to the bathroom, kitchen, bathroom. She sometimes cries for food in the bathroom even though she has a plate full in the kitchen. Sometimes her catbox is indoors in the bathroom... sometimes it is outside on the balcony. Sometimes we sleep in my bed... sometimes we sleep on the couch. Do you think my cat needs therapy?

No comments: