Sunday, January 15, 2006

welcome, mr. coffee

A few years ago he asked, "do you drink coffee?" as a way to offer me a cup of the black sludge with the decieving aroma that he was making in the lab. I said, "not for pleasure." Then along came the all-nights waiting for flies to die, or working on my latest presentation or paper due the next day. I could not do that shit with no assistance. It was true, I drank it purely for the shake, not the taste. Yesterday LJ came home with a Mr. Coffee and I could not have been more excited. Let the hardcore addictions begin. There was a time I would only drink soy lattes - an effective method of disguising the taste. The color in my cup seems to be getting darker and darker. And I must say, I am enjoying myself, sip by sip.

No comments: