Sunday, January 15, 2006

I never did find the picture

You once asked me how I could possibly be friends with him. I said something about having a history with him but the explanation was not sufficient at the time. Tonight I came across a letter he once wrote me with all of the answers. He did not use any contractions in the entire three pages because I once decided one night at work that we should go our shift without using them. He remembered. Our friendship was so easy and natural back then. The letter came immediately after leaving south dakota. The words were touching and I think it might have even made me cry. What I do not understand is, if I meant so much to him why did he become such a jerk later? Being friends became more and more difficult to the point where I wondered if it was even remotely worth it. I am happy I keep things like letters, otherwise I might one day forget and stop putting forth that effort.

No comments: