Sunday, June 29, 2008

last time it was denny's

Sometimes I do not make much sense and I do not do things I thought that I was going to do or I do things I did not think I would. Well, it was one of those days. I stayed and I waited for something to happen. I would meet up with them later. But the plan was not well formulated and after a while I grow very lame. 

I went home but did not admit it until much later. Finally, I texted saying the door was unlocked and I hope they are having fun. We texted a few times, talked once and then the penultimate text arrived. At that point, I left the couch, left the phone, and blew up the bed before settling in. I heard my phone singing around 8am but did not go to the living room to fetch it and hoped they could sleep right through the sounds of conor. I was pretty much awake and an hour later I got up and hung out in my room for about an hour. Finally, I emerged to find their door open. Considering the allergies I found this very strange and already my heart began to sink. Very slowly I drew closer to the door hoping to see feet. When I saw no feet I got a little closer. The bed was empty. I immediately began to panic. I figured they were in an accident, dead, hospitalized, in a ditch... the worst. I grabbed my phone to discover a text message. "Come find us in the morn. Phones r dead and sleeping in car." I quickly exchanged cotton terry pants for jeans and grabbed my keys all the while thinking, where should I start? Did they take the freeway down and breakdown? Did they take PCH? Are they lost in the neighborhood? Are they in the parking lot and just forgot which apartment was mine? 

I grabbed the door handle and my face almost planted into the slab of wood. Locked. Fuck! Now I realize this is all my fault. And seriously? I never lock the door! Why did I NOW decide to lock the door after my last entry? After I so specifically said... door's unlocked! It did not even occur to me to check because I do not lock the door! I unlocked and swung the door open to find Brian creeping up the stairs. We both stop. Brian: "Are you up now?"

They were really good sports and I spent the rest of the day apologizing and trying to get them to take naps. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how in gods name could you have let this happen? are they still going to be your friend? was the phone singing them? oh this is horrible. i am soooooooo embarrassed!! this is a reflection of me !! how will i ever be able to face ANYBODY !!!!

mimulus_99 said...

yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah... i've done things like that before... i was hoping it was because we all do...

Anonymous said...

the story the next day was totally worth it. :)