
She told me years ago to listen. She is usually right but my luck with radios is poor no matter the mode I choose. Car. Alarm Clock. Stereo. Nothing really works properly. Eventually I tried the streamline on KCRW but of course I would only think of it when it was just finishing up and the parts I did catch I thought I was bored. Really I was probably not paying close attention.
Enter podcast subscriptions on iTunes and a lovely iPod.
I laughed. I cried. I laughed. I cried. I laughed. I cried.
I laughed when the boy said the reason the tooth fairy makes houses out of teeth instead of bricks was because he did not think anyone had bricks for teeth.
I cried when the little girl asked her father if they killed him too because they did.
I laughed when he said I think my ex-girlfriend just had a 20 minute heated discussion with your ex-boyfriend.
I cried when the teacher read the letter from the friend of her murdered ex-student because she did not realize he was appreciative.
I laughed when the boy said he would use the ducks for warm blood to drink to stay warm and then use the carcass for slippers. And then I laughed harder when he said he would just go after it with a stick.
I cried when the man who let his home turn into a brothel spoke because he sounded so sad and lonely.
I laughed when he said, "do you want to see the rat's ass that I give?" because that is one of the funniest things a person can say.
I laughed when I told them I love This American Life and he said, "what do you like about it? liberty? freedom?"
Enter podcast subscriptions on iTunes and a lovely iPod.
I laughed. I cried. I laughed. I cried. I laughed. I cried.
I laughed when the boy said the reason the tooth fairy makes houses out of teeth instead of bricks was because he did not think anyone had bricks for teeth.
I cried when the little girl asked her father if they killed him too because they did.
I laughed when he said I think my ex-girlfriend just had a 20 minute heated discussion with your ex-boyfriend.
I cried when the teacher read the letter from the friend of her murdered ex-student because she did not realize he was appreciative.
I laughed when the boy said he would use the ducks for warm blood to drink to stay warm and then use the carcass for slippers. And then I laughed harder when he said he would just go after it with a stick.
I cried when the man who let his home turn into a brothel spoke because he sounded so sad and lonely.
I laughed when he said, "do you want to see the rat's ass that I give?" because that is one of the funniest things a person can say.
I laughed when I told them I love This American Life and he said, "what do you like about it? liberty? freedom?"

1 comment:
I am still addicted to democracy now!, but i will try this american life you speak of.
Post a Comment