Were you ever rushed to the hospital? What for?
Recently I heard of a website called the creativity portal. It is a place to go for imagination prompts [such as the one shown above] for ideas on what to write about and lots of other links I did not bother to check out. Not that I ever run out of complete nonsense to write about, but let's give it a go, shall we?
Well, just once and I am not even sure about the rushed part and I am not certain I am the best person to recount this story as the memory is severely fragmented and probably not all that accurate. I was five? Probably in Spencer, South Dakota although I cannot even really say that for sure. All I know is that I was little, we already had Deputy, the cat, and mom was newly on her second marriage.
Anyway, Charlie and Jeremy [a cousin] made a house for the cat out of a cardboard box complete with little windows. I was probably off staring into space or combing the hair of a doll when the majority of the construction was taking place as I was often rejected as a suitable playmate for the two boys - unless it was at my expense. Well, needless to say, the cat was less than thrilled to be in a cardboard box, something I had yet to discover. Who knows how long they were antagonizing the cat before they called me over to peek in the window. Excited I was included in the fun, I obeyed.
I do not remember it hurting and I do not remember my response but I do remember seeing the little gray paw jet out of the window. Not surprising, my reflexes were not all that stellar and I got scratched in they eyeball. The next thing I remember is being in the hospital and then for the next several days having to wear a fucking patch to fucking school like a fucking pirate.
Recently I heard of a website called the creativity portal. It is a place to go for imagination prompts [such as the one shown above] for ideas on what to write about and lots of other links I did not bother to check out. Not that I ever run out of complete nonsense to write about, but let's give it a go, shall we?
Well, just once and I am not even sure about the rushed part and I am not certain I am the best person to recount this story as the memory is severely fragmented and probably not all that accurate. I was five? Probably in Spencer, South Dakota although I cannot even really say that for sure. All I know is that I was little, we already had Deputy, the cat, and mom was newly on her second marriage.
Anyway, Charlie and Jeremy [a cousin] made a house for the cat out of a cardboard box complete with little windows. I was probably off staring into space or combing the hair of a doll when the majority of the construction was taking place as I was often rejected as a suitable playmate for the two boys - unless it was at my expense. Well, needless to say, the cat was less than thrilled to be in a cardboard box, something I had yet to discover. Who knows how long they were antagonizing the cat before they called me over to peek in the window. Excited I was included in the fun, I obeyed.
I do not remember it hurting and I do not remember my response but I do remember seeing the little gray paw jet out of the window. Not surprising, my reflexes were not all that stellar and I got scratched in they eyeball. The next thing I remember is being in the hospital and then for the next several days having to wear a fucking patch to fucking school like a fucking pirate.

5 comments:
i was feeling sad and weepy and then i read the last line of your blog and started laughing out loud. i guess things suck right now, but at least there is no patch to wear to school. thank you.
chin up, mp!
chin's up. i have not done any work today. i have been reading buffy scripts online. very useful.
from what i can gather, there is currently much procrastination going on related to academics based on all of the comments of late. therefore i will tell you all (and you all know who you are) ........ no more social extra curricular activities until everyone is caught up!!!! no dinners, no slumber parties, no movie night, no sports bars. you may meet every three days for coffee for one hour to discuss progress. you have until march 12th to get caught up. now get to work !!! i truly do love all of you.
Yep, he's the one.
Post a Comment