Wednesday, February 03, 2010

kids these days and their crappy music

I was reading the last chapter of the book when she decided to "let" me listen to all of her favorite songs on youtube. Correction, the first 20 seconds of all of her favorite songs on youtube.

"Have you heard this one?"

"...no."

"Do you like it?"

"mmm.... no, not really."

"Have you heard this one?"

"...no."

"Do you like it?"

"I mean I wouldn't listen to it but I guess it is fine."

"You don't like it. Have you heard this one?"

And repeat. Seven. Hundred. Times.

Even though I was learning some very important information about Emma at the time, I did smile remembering one day with Grandma. I would always play her Ozzy Osbourne and wonder, What is she not hearing? Because obviously Ozzy was a musical genius! I even took it so far as to read her the lyrics. "Isn't that a great poem? Well, it is Ozzy! See? You like Ozzy!"

4 comments:

wearsocks said...

you......are.......hilarious

charlie said...

When did you listen to ozzy?!
They hate all of my music.

wearsocks said...

you are blowing this new years resolution

meli said...

That's not my fault...