one hates being called a kid
one tried to argue with me about how I should wear jeans to work
one touched me with his rosary to see if I would burn
one asked if my mom threw away my shoes again
one wants to come back
one came without permission
one says I should not trip
one can tell I am agnostic
one wants to know who I voted for
they all complain I wear too much black
one cried
one let me read about his feelings
one says it is not my fault
one finally stayed awake most of the time
one let me see her painting
one thinks I do not care
one says if I do not this country I should leave
one keeps wanting to tell me everything
one wants to know if she should text him
one thinks he has a crush on me
one will not go away
one knows a lot about the brain
one is getting much better
one wonders why I stand on my tippy toes so much
one says I cannot laugh and be mad at the same time
one is still testing his limits
one is homeless and amazes me
one is counting down the days to graduation
one sticks up for him when others try to bring him down
one voiced her irritation with the other girls
many are very fragile
one makes very poor decisions
one says one thing but keeps doing another
one has come out of her shell a little
one is being very inconsistent
one is working below potential
one stops by to chat every day
one drops off his book in the morning
one comes to me for help with her astronomy homework
one says I should stop being a vegan and go buy some normal lunch
one thinks he is so gross he should not touch anything
one is having trouble at home
one is living with a friend
one asks about my cat a lot
one is pretty sure I am a lesbian
one drew a picture of me in a fashion show and labeled all my muscles
one will not stop playing the drums on the table
one will not stop laughing
one will not stop making me laugh
one keeps clapping at inappropriate moments
one has a really bad temper
one is grounded until her grade improves
one wrote a story and sent it to me
one recommended a movie and I enjoyed it
one thinks it is funny I watch the hills
one brought me a picture of the inside of her eye
one thinks he should be able to listen to bright eyes during my class because they are my favorite band
one thinks I can no longer give him detention because he is no longer my student
one keeps posting pictures of me on his myspace page
one got really annoyed when I tucked in my turtle neck
one put gum in the heart model
one shouted fuck in class
one stays a little later to help clean up the room
one thought I was singling him out
really I just had higher expectations
one forgot to turn in his notebook
one was on hannah montana
one is in peace by peace
one hates her science class but think she can get through it
one wants to know if I am a hippie
one blamed me for being grounded on his birthday
one asked if I would cry if one of them died
one was over it one day and sorry the next
one was appreciative later
one still does not understand why saying "that's gay" is not okay
one disrespected the sub but has never disrespected me
one sat himself outside because I said he was annoying
one fell off his chair
one is really good at the rubics cube
one was really dramatic about raising his hand and I laughed
but then he was over it
one owned me
one lingers after class which makes me wonder if he has something to say
one freaked out after discovering his hair twirled counter clockwise
one hated science until my class
one wants to do more labs
one hates labs
one hates doing anything creative
one played in carnegie hall
one is good about putting things into perspective
one is vegan too
one does not play well with others
one never shows up
one wonders why I chose to teach kids
one thinks they should listen to me
one is brand new
one keeps promising to do better
one reads a lot because he wants to get smarter
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
bet you love them all. i kinda do ...
miss you,
p
I really do... even the most infuriating of them all...
You make me appreciate the diversity of my students more. Teaching is great!
and i cannot wait to see all of them next friday!!!
i hope that i become as good of a teacher as you.
you actually know your students and to me, that is the most important quality of a good teacher.
your classes do sound like fun.
you will be a GREAT teacher -- just like her ...... Mr. Williams.
#20
oh... that came out all wrong... one student thinks the CUSTODIAN has a crush on me... not the student...
one was on spring break and had time to write on her blog again
i believe one DOES have a crush on her .... the custodian i mean.
Post a Comment