Saturday, April 26, 2008

lyrical genius

It is a little embarrassing how obsessed I still get over particular bands, much like a fifteen year old who thinks that without music they just might die and how this song, it just speaks to them. Everyday in the car, during my prep period or at home in front of the computer I sometimes fall in love all over again. In the car I was obsessed with five and seven but recently it has changed to ten and thirteen. He says things like "is it true what they say about the son of god? did he die for us did he die at all" and "you write such pretty words, but life's no story book, love's an excuse to get hurt. do you like to hurt? I do. I do. so hurt me." and "I do not read the reviews. no I am not singing for you" and "oh, I've made love. yeah, I've been fucked. so what?" and "now I've read some books and I've grown quite brave. and if I could just speak up I think I would say..." and "just keep moving on with my broken heart and my absent god..." and "my teachers they build this retaining wall of memory, all those multiple choices I answered so quickly and got my grades back and forgot just as easily but at least I got an A and so I don't have them to blame" and "will the president recommend an oil hike when the president talks to god" and "and the phone's ringing and the vans leaving let's just keep touching let's just keep, keep singing" and "no one plans to sleep out in the gutter, sometimes that's just the most comfortable place" and "I'm completely alone at a table of friends, I feel nothing for them" and "does he kiss your eye lids in the morning when you start to raise your head" and and and and

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i listened to snow patrol all day long, repeat that album only.

mimulus_99 said...

i remember when i heard indie 103 first play keep touching, keep singing, in that magical month or two when it played great music, had few commercials and fewer (0) DJs. then they started playing those amusing voicemails, seemed innocent enough but turned out to be a harbinger of doom.

i almost never listen to the radio at all anymore.

Quetzal said...

yea, I think last time I felt that way was in high school. I don't know if music has spoken to me as much as it did when I listened to SP.

Anonymous said...

i had to just stop for awhile, and now i am on a talk radio retreat.

and "how did you find time for all THAT"

Roadkill said...

yeah Melli, I know exactly how you feel. That's how I get whenever I listen to Miley Cyrus. ;P