Sunday, April 15, 2007

farewell, lovely


I said "seats many, sleeps a few" and eleven people were interested but I gave it to the ones who "just happened to need a huge couch". When we first acquired the huge orange couch we thought, what the hell have we done as it consumed our entire living space, but we quickly fell in love. Not with the ducks though. The ducks had to be vacuumed on a regular basis and liked to poke your back. It has hosted many parties, many friends, many sleepovers, many movie showings, many sessions of just hanging out with the roommate or others. Ahhh... I should not have lost it the same time I lost her. It has increased the sadness exponentially. Everyone is sad it is gone except for her. She preferred to sit on the floor.

You will no longer have to pluck after you visit me. But you probably will no longer visit me because I have no seat to offer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

it does look very lovely in the pictures. i am sure i am just in denial!

Anonymous said...

so sad to see it go. i have spent so much time with that couch all over the oc. i hope it will be loved and appreciated at it's new home. i think i might have been more allergic to the couch than the cat.

Roadkill said...

No! So many memories...

My first experience with the couch was in Newport Beach. Upon sitting, I instantly knew there was a connection between the both of us. It's off to greener pastures I guess...oh, the stories it could tell...

Anonymous said...

mehhhhhhhh...the orange couch :( I miss you.