Monday, April 17, 2006

who knew 3rd wheel could be so fun?

This weekend I was all scheduled to be a guest at Brian's house. It was supposed to be a little weird and awkward because I was an intruder, an extra [imperfect vegan] mouth to feed and someone to dirty up the sheets. Instead, I have never felt so welcome and comfortable and I only got punched in the face once. Not even my parents take such great care of me. All meals out were at vegetarian restaurants and all meals in were prepared vegan. There was even soy ice cream to go with my delicious baked apple. Brian had to spend a lot of time at the grocery store looking at the back of every box, reading every ingredient. When he got home he said, "how do you eat? There are animal parts everywhere!" Easter was the perfect day. LJ hid me an easter basket and then made vegan banana pancakes, we lounged, we walked to the movies, we lounged some more, we played scattergories and laughed lots, we lounged a little more, we [as in LJ] made dinner, lounged, ate baked apples. Can you think of a better easter? His mom said he was being sacrilegious; had she only known he had an easter guest who called jesus a fictional character in scattergories. It wasn't weird and it wasn't awkward. It felt like a real vacation.

The only thing that was missing this weekend was lily. I missed her fluffy ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. I am glad you had fun. Poor kitty at home along. I am sure you will make it up to her. MP