
The mug was not quite right because I cannot see her drinking coffee from anything but a "to go" cup. The only south carolina appropriate food that was vegan was peach sucky candies and that wasn't quite enough. The clothing was not okay because the colors were all wrong. Finally, I spotted a book that just might work. It had nothing to do with taking care of a cat or being in south carolina, but it was a self-help book and she did recently engage in a heated discussion [a fight] with him again. I run it by mom and she says, "um, don't you think it is kind of mean?" "Yeah. But it is Amanda. It is appropriate and I will tell her it is sort of a joke." When we got settled in our airplane seats, the period between okay to put your seat back but not quite time to use electronics, I pulled out the book to take a peak. I went to a chapter that was fitting for my mom and after she answered an adverse "yes" to all of the questions in the first paragraph, I read on to paragraph two. I stopped mid-sentence. I just purchased a christian book. I will not even give it the description as "self-help" because it was utterly useless. There was no constructive advice beyond, "because Jesus says so". [as far as I could tell, anyway.] When I told Catherine she said, "you didn't give it to her, did you?" Of course I did. It made it even funnier.
"I like how the atheist gives the buddhist a christian book."
"I like how the atheist gives the buddhist a christian book."

No comments:
Post a Comment