Friday, July 29, 2005

the night they talked too much science

Tonight we went to shop for cameras but it was me who told her not to buy impulsively although it is very hypocritical on my part because once I decide I need something I cannot rest until it is mine and I will not check the other place just in case it is cheaper. because I need it now, that's why. But that was after we went to the fun shopping stores that we always go to but in a rush and out of order this time because we had places to be. There was no time for the OCD behavior that she enforces everywhere we go. Any other way would be "wrong" and I react as though it makes perfect sense, like, oh yeah, this is the way we go. Because now it just really does make sense and I wonder if there is a method to all that madness that she is. On the way to the escalador she said, "that guy just checked you out" and I laughed because guys don't check me out. Especially not there where everyone one is looking immaculate with their cute little dogs sleeping on their giant fake breasts (really not) walking in their pointy stilletto shoes that are really not at all practical. Then we met the cool girl at the best vegan (or otherwise) place in the entire world and ate too much as usual.



This was there but some other day long ago...

I just wanted the save the chicken wings but she said it was too much fat so we split it and I ate half of the wings and an entire chicken run ranch burger. I think I would have been better off with just the wings. We used to each order one meal and now we are up to 1.5. What can you do when everything is that delicious and you are starved and pretty sure you can eat everything on the menu. On the way we listened to our new favorite song and we both sang along in a very serious manner because it is a very serious song and once in a while I would think of someone else looking in and I would try not to laugh. we were after all a couple of girls, in the car, singing very loudly out of tune and not laughing. It seems all wrong now that I think about it. we should have been laughing more. Not that we did not laugh quite a lot tonight. She said, "She and Steve did what?" We looked at eachother straight on as we walked. I got my really confused look and said, "scooter." Then of course we had no choice but to burst out laughing and I do not think the conversation was ever made clear because sometimes you just have to let it go. Next stop was the place we usually go after we eat there, urban outfitters where we really really did everything all wrong and now I wonder if I should be concerned about her. That was several times in a row now in one day. Maybe it was because she was with us or she knew I had to pee and really had to get home soon. Or maybe it was because we were just there and right away she told me to show her something that was near the end of the route. Oh yeah, it was a horrible denim skirt that would have looked bad even in the 80s for a low, low price of 150 dollars. Yep, that much. I make a lot of typos but not there. On the way home we stopped to pick up a chair (and yes we are still singing the same song because that is what one does when one is obsessed)in Newport from Rio's previous apartment - the one he hasn't actually lived in for several months now. His old roommate was there and he told us a story with tons of likes and you knows and whatevers. More of these terms than is normal anymore. There is a basal level that is to be expected from those residing in the US but he was off the charts with it. It is challenging to take the poor kid seriously and to wipe the smirk off on my face because I know she is thinking what I am thinking and realizing that this is the guy I was talking about who is actually rather intelligent but does not make that apparent upon meeting him. Good guy, really nice lad. She drove the chair down three blocks of sidewalks because someone is terrified of parallel parking and chooses the very first available consecutive three parking spots. People were partying and we were moving furniture. Then I had her help me take it into the roach infested apartment I call home so she could listen to the hidden track now accompanied by a guitar. I wonder if she is playing or someone else. Probably her so she would not have to bother the other guys. I wonder if she still has the same band. I thought the blonde looked like Nick but that was nearly ten years ago now and probably nick does not even look like Nick anymore.I feel like going to the red rooster. Running off to dream of cockroaches in my bed...

No comments: