Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I like it because it makes me feel..

I am really glad she likes it too even though she is leaving in two weeks and pretty soon I will be surrounded by people who do not like it and want to know what I like about it. Yesterday I realized that calling my reaction to being cheated on an over-reaction would be an understatement. People make mistakes and I think I handled it like a naive 22 year old would. Now, at 26 I think my reaction would be more understanding but I do not believe it would hurt less. I think it always has to hurt. The song made me realize that I am not special. My situation was not unique. It wasn't even as serious as it could have been. Many people must deal with unfaithful partners and do deserve time for wallowing after the union collapses and they will and life will go on. It will hurt forever and every time but that does not make one justified in pointing out all the bad in the person to whom did this to you. It will only make them feel worse. They feel bad already and if they do not then there is no getting through anyway and you could have done much better in the first place. I am sorry you wasted your time. I am sorry you wasted my time. I want to apologize but the time for that has come and gone. Best not to revisit those skeletons in his closet. My skeletons lives in my bag... I carry them around at all times. I dwell. Good luck with the oily walls and the crop circles and I hope for you and me that there will be no ransom notes and you will have no takeovers and sweeping insensitivities.

No comments: