Wednesday, February 10, 2016

friend like you

It was fortunate timing, we were both losing our roommates and so I carried my couch over. This is when I first acquired a bed, as well. From the former roommate. Prior to that I was sleeping like a mouse in a heap on the floor.

I didn't yet know how lucky I was. She is the kind of person you aspire to be. The kind of person who just brings joy to all. After she graduated and moved on, she still took the time to make me homemade cards and send thoughtful words and things. Always had her home open to me while passing through to see the 'rents. Never losing touch no matter her busy family life on top of her busy work life on top of her busy traveling life. She has always made a point to send out a note here and there. An email at the perfect moment. 

She knows that transitions can be challenging and she is thoughtful enough to think of me during this transitional time in my life. She sent a card just because and shipped us winter gear for the kids. Little things like this are actually quite large.  It felt like such perfect timing to receive a note from a friend.

I know I will never be as on top of life as her but I still aspire to be near. Now that I am not working I hope to do at least half of what she can do as a full-time working mother. A girl can dream. 

P. S. She's also a genius. 

No comments: