Thursday, March 13, 2014

elli is two point five-ish


Elli loves to put random things in bags. Bags of any sort. I find this behavior incredibly annoying as it is a tedious habit to clean up after.

Favorite thing: she says "maybe" and "probably" all the time in context and makes it sound so cute.

Not a favorite: she has been encouraged to say "dang it" "Shake my booty" "naked butt" and other inappropriate phrases. For her, the bigger the audience, the better.

Two year olds are also very good at teaching you about your own bad habits. She has started to groan when things are not going her way. Only after she started did I realize she picked up the habit from me. Ugh... Now when I do it she says, "don't say ugh, say thank you!" Or "don't say ugh, that's my job."

With no other options, I randomly started counting to three when I want her to do something and she's not listening. Somehow it worked immediately and she does what I want as soon as I get to three - not even knowing there were no real consequences worked out in my head if I got to three without getting results. Now, if I ask her to do something she says, "count" and I first have to count to three before she abides. And if I am not listening to her she starts counting, as though this works both ways. Silly child.

Kid cracks me up.

No comments: