My husband likes deals.
He'll search for hours on the computer looking to save money. It doesn't matter how much it costs in the end and it doesn't matter if we need it, as long is it is a gazillion percent off - it is ours. This is why we have three kindles, ten bottles of perfume, a crate of pistachios, a toothpaste tube roller, 800 batteries of various sizes, four laptops, and whatever else is busting out of our pantry...
The most recent deal (or at least the most relevant to my life) was a groupon for a hotel suite in Palm Springs. Surprise, surprise, it expires in September. So the whole family was off to Palm Springs. In July. When it is one hundred and fucking ten degrees outside. Our suite has a kitchen so husband suggested we bring food. from home. and cook. I was like, the hell if I am going to the desert just to cook dinner. Since it is too hot to do any of the top one hundred fun things to do in Palm Springs, I am thinking that the LEAST we can do is go out to fucking dinner! We did. Phew! And we swam in the pool. And popped popcorn. And I stayed up past 11 watching a movie. Rebel!
Everyone else in the family finds the act of staying in a hotel exciting enough on its own, so I sucked it up and played along... see? I love them...

1 comment:
Ha! That is awesome. Glad you had fun. Movies, popcorn, and swimming in the hotel pool all sound fun to me. Did he ever think it was a good deal because no one wants to be in Palm Springs when it is hotter than Hades there in the dead of summer?
Blog more. I miss you.
MP
Post a Comment