Saturday, May 22, 2010

the first domino

A few days before the end of the school year and I thought I would contribute to the Biology department's ongoing practical jokes. During my prep, I went to Steve's room who was roaming about the campus. I emptied his lunch box and filled it with centrifuge tubes. One centrifuge tube was left in front of the computer and the chips on the chair. The lunch went into the refrigerator, I'm not so mean as to destroy food, after all. That is all I had to to do. The rest was up to everyone else.

Around nine I received a department email from Steve, "Has anyone seen my lunch?" with the attached picture.



It gets better.

All first lunchers eat in Steve's classroom everyday so I went to the back hall to heat my food, interrupting a very heated discussion among the Biology teachers. I asked Dave what was up. "Someone emptied my lunch box and filled it with centrifuge tubes. NOBODY TOUCHES MY FOOD!"

"Really? I thought that happened to Steve."

"Yeah. They go us both. Go look at Alina's room."

I peaked in Alina's room and her floor was covered with the centrifuge tubes. Apparently she was blamed because she and Matt did not go to the assembly and it could only be them.

A little later Steve, Joann and I were sitting in Steve's room eating and Steve was giving me all the details about the situations. How Dave blamed him because he blamed Dave by returning the prank. How he KNEW it was Alina because it was just like her to leave clues. I asked what clues. The centrifuge tube in front of the computer and the chip bag on the chair. I nodded in confirmation when Alina storms in with a bucket full of centrifuge tubes.

Steve: "Don't you dare."

Then it rained centrifuge tubes.

In walks Matt. "I already confessed to Dave's lunch box but I didn't do yours. You are overlooking the obvious and you always overlook them. I think it was Dave and Eric and they were in on Dave's because then you couldn't blame them."

I just sit back and chuckle. I even helped pick up the centrifuge tubes because I'm the nice innocent one. This could not have played out any better, I'm not even on the radar. Beautiful.

Don't worry, I'll confess. Just not until school is over and they can't get me back.

Ge. Nius. Genius.

No comments: