Saturday, March 13, 2010

coffee addict

I knew I wanted to do it someday. Give it up completely. I hate that the only time I have energy is when I have had coffee, that I need it to function, that I accomplish nothing without it. I was not thinking it would be so soon. I was thinking it would be a good summer time challenge.

Today is the start day three with no coffee. No caffeine at all, actually. The first day I went to work and realized an hour later I had not accomplished any thing at all really. My head ached all day long and I could not wait to get home and crawl into bed. Day 2: I was pretty irritable ("Does it LOOK like I have coffee!?") though the headache had subsided somewhat. Today is Saturday and I know that if I had had coffee the laundry would be almost done by now, my room would not be so disastrous and I'd have showered and dressed myself. I would not be so cold, my muscles aching, getting out of bed with hope, only to crawl back fifteen minutes later.

But I will not succumb! I figure I must be able to function like a normal human being eventually, right? Right?

4 comments:

wearsocks said...

and why would you even want to consider this? are you nuts? hell if its the caffeine just drink decaf; then you at least still get the social thing; and it tastes the same

meli said...

It is a good thing.

wearsocks said...

did you ever read "the good good pig?" i just started reading "chosen by a horse"; you should start a blog book club reading group

Anonymous said...

I only drink decaff. I am way too hyper with all the caffeine in coffee. Good luck. What are you going to give up next shopping? :)

xoxo, mp