Thursday, January 22, 2009
soccer and mendel
I made him call home to let them know he would be serving another detention for the fifth tardy this semester. Then I made him call back because he forgot about the part where I would submit an office referral if he did not show. It was about forty minutes after the bell rang and I was twenty minutes late for the game when the last student left my class. As I was leaving the classroom, field bound, he finally approached the building to serve his detention. I said he was late. He said, you are leaving? I said he could serve it at the game as long as he worked. He finished his homework in the stands and I cheered for the only girl I knew. He complained about all of the work I require because I know he knows the material so why cannot he just take tests? I said, don't you wish you would have done your homework last year so you would not have had to take it again? He said yeah. but wait! If I passed last year then I never would have met you! I said it would have been worth it for the gpa sake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so happy you're a teacher!
Post a Comment