Monday, October 20, 2008

he is killing me

I recently discovered my brother and I have VERY DIFFERENT views on politics and that is slowly breaking my heart. Every time we attempt to talk about it I just get more infuriated and frustrated. For a while I just stopped talking to him because every time I thought of it my blood would slowly start to boil. Now I decided I can still enjoy other conversations and just avoid politics. 

Our last political conversation:  "I never used to like FOX news but I think they are the only ones being fair." FOX news! 

So which came first, the chicken or the egg?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

topics I generally avoid with most people...
politics
religion
evolution
global warming

meli said...

those are all my favorite topics!

charlie said...

topic i always avoid with people...

child birth - so disgusting

Unknown said...

those are my favorites too!!! what else do you have to talk about? nobody will talk about charmed with me!

jers said...

I like to talk about these things. If I am right, then my position should be able to withstand scrutiny. If not, I will learn that I don't know everything. If I feel the other person's point of view amounts to so much nonsense, I mildly voice my disagreement and move on.

Someone said to me the other day, "Obama is Muslim." I said, "Does it matter?" She said, "It matters to me." I said, "Well, then, rest assured that he is not Muslim." She said, "He IS Muslim!" I said, "He goes to the United Church of Christ." She said, "No, no, no -- he IS Muslim!" I said, "He must not be a very devout Muslim if he attends services at a Christian church." Then I let it go. How do you reason with insanity?

Anonymous said...

I guess I should change my "most people" comment to family.

I agree with Jers, but when it comes to family I still have hang out with them. So it is better if they don't annoy me and I don't annoy them. It is easier to talk about the weather or maybe good PG 13 movies I have seen lately. I certainly can not talk about work because kindof covers politics, religion, evolution, and global warming. Oh, how I worship science, even though I am clearly avoiding science right now.

Hearts, mp

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jers said...

Remember, at one time I thought I was a Christian fundamentalist. Oh, the lessons we learn...

meli said...

jers: yes, I do not think the christian fundamentalist thing ever really suited you...

mp: I was wondering who wrote that first comment because you left out the signature "mp"... I was sure it could not be any of my scientist friends!

rebecca: I always talk about charmed with you. while I laugh...

charlie: what is disgusting about a little slimy head being pushed out of a vagina?

charlie said...

What is wrong with you sister?! Do not talk to me like that, please.
Jers: How do you feel about the lovely cracker hating preacher Obama listened to for twenty years and who he considered to be part of his family?
Feel free to correct any uncorrect parts of my statement.
NOBAMA--I do not like nor trust him!