"Where did you live before?"
"Orange County."
"This is a really bad area."
Every time he came back in to check the television he made another comment.
"This place might look nice now but I give it a couple more years and it will look like the places down the street."
"My friend lived a couple blocks from here and he was mugged at gun point."
"Just don't go out at night."
Thanks, fucker. That is so helpful.
This is nothing I have not already heard from anyone I have talked to who knows ANYTHING about this city. Really? You LIVE there? When the kids talk about it they say, "You moved to the ghet. to. And they really do say it like the two syllables belong in two completely different sentences.
I really do not see what is the big drama. I do not feel unsafe and every time I look outside I see about 20 kids playing outside. Sometimes all in the same yard. I swear each unit must have at least three people to each bedroom. If it were so unsafe why would parents let their children out?
I might be slowly falling in love with my life again. Might. Maybe. I don't know. But I did find a close place to buy avocado rolls. And I enjoy the kids. Especially when they say things like, "Are you serious?" and "For real?" These things are helping.

4 comments:
you should love your live. you have an amazing way of looking at things and you always bring a smile to the faces in your presence.
If it were so unsafe why would parents let their children out?
REALLY MELISSA?? THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY ANSWERS FOR THIS QUESTION!
I am going to agree with Charlie on the many answers for that question...
You'll be fine! I would like to come see this neighborhood for myself.
i must say ... i felt totally safe there myself. even with the helicopter hovering overhead with the giant spotlight. the night we were moving you in. and all those kids were out casually strolling up the sidewalk at 10:00pm --- with their parents --- thinking nothing of it. i mean it ... seriously. well maybe except for the scary guy who rang the bell two nights later selling movies. just don't open your door to the doorbell after dark anymore. EVER!!!!
Post a Comment