This week has been pretty different with the whole testing thing... as a result I had sixth period at eight o'clock in the morning.
she said, "ms. a _ _ _ _ s, you look really tired."
her friend said, "that is such a rude thing to say"
he said, "no, really ms. a _ _ _ _ _ s... you look like you JUST got out of bed."
then it was fourth period and he said, "dr. a _ _ _ _ s, you look like a spring flower." Interesting, I am not sure how that transition came about. then I tried to teach them and they're all... look at me talk, I don't have to listen to her... what, you want me to stop talking... okay... just let me finish this conversation and then I'll consider it and I'm all okay, detention number forty seven.
after he said, "you are a really good teacher, I do not know why these people do not listen to you. you do not teach like a teacher. you teach like a normal person who knows a lot of stuff." I am not even sure what that meant but he meant it as a compliment.
and then there was the dreaded third... the hours and hours of third and I will not even get into that...
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i would assume that "teaching like a normal person" means that you don't talk over them in an all knowing manner, rather you teach them on their level explaing science without being too arrogant.
I am so proud of you. You are making a difference and it is a challenge but just think of all that they are teaching you and you are teaching them. :)
Post a Comment