So, life changed. Obviously. But it is especially noticeable when it comes to a sudden stop and you find yourself in a completely different place. Take one year from today, for example. I had a different job, a different apartment with a different roommate and a different status, I had never been abroad and I had never been such a grown up. It seems like much longer than one year ago. I can especially thank holidays which provide a means of comparison. My apartment was full, my hair was long, I had a little family here and many friends. I cooked a lot of food and entertained many guests. This thanksgiving my friends all have other plans and I just have a lot grading hanging over my head.
It is not that I did not have a plan. I always have a plan. I was to take the bus to the aquarium and back again. When I woke I printed out the plan and it would have taken me 3.5 hr by bus, given me 2 hr to see the aquarium before it closed and then if I were to get home again I would have to wait for a bus that would not arrive until 3:13 am. That would indirectly bring me back home at approximately 6:32 am the following day. That hardly seemed worth it. The public transportation system in this place is fantastic! Oh well. Tomorrow is another day and I will be less environmentally friendly and just drive my ass there.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
THANKS!
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
you are going to the aquarium
i want to go...
You were supposed to be with your new favorite people in the world! Then it would have been a relly wonderful TG
I know... regrets, regrets...
Post a Comment