I must be on some sort of mission to starve Patricia. I was to wake early [check], go to the naturalis [check], call patricia to meet for lunch [no more checks]... The cell phone was no longer in service [and I know what you are thinking... I wasn't trying to use my OWN cell phone... I was trying to use hers and it just happened to have no service.] so I quickly walked home to give her a call from the home phone. By this time she was already hungry. She gave me "very easy" directions to the lab but I knew as soon as I left the house that this was going to go very wrong.
go to the large building we had lunch in, walk toward the church I pointed out yesterday, cross the canal, stay on the right side of the canal, there will be a house that says "sold" to your left, it will be very obvious, you will be on rugenstraat and then you will turn left at wette singel, there will be a white house with a japanese poem painted on it to your left, keep walking and you are already there
Instead, I just wandered around the city for and hour and a half hoping I would come across at least one of the said streets and then hoped for some familiar territory that would take me back home. We ate lunch separately and then she had to come meet me at the one place I was able to get to in order to get me back to the lab. We sorted some pupae and then ended the day climbing VERY tall walls.
go to the large building we had lunch in, walk toward the church I pointed out yesterday, cross the canal, stay on the right side of the canal, there will be a house that says "sold" to your left, it will be very obvious, you will be on rugenstraat and then you will turn left at wette singel, there will be a white house with a japanese poem painted on it to your left, keep walking and you are already there
Instead, I just wandered around the city for and hour and a half hoping I would come across at least one of the said streets and then hoped for some familiar territory that would take me back home. We ate lunch separately and then she had to come meet me at the one place I was able to get to in order to get me back to the lab. We sorted some pupae and then ended the day climbing VERY tall walls.

No comments:
Post a Comment