She didn't sleep through it like last time. She didn't sleep at all. She remained alert, active and happy during out dinner at our usual Indian restaurant. It proved impossible to keep her from watching the television at some points. When I block it with my hand, she tries to move it away so she can keep watching. I keep telling her no screens until she is two, but she just doesn't listen. She is going to rock the shit out of Bhaṅgṛā some day, though.
I will enjoy meals out with her while I can. I can already foresee the very near future where instead of gently grabbing the plates and nudging them hear and there, anything within reach making a very enthusiastic trip to the floor. Or my lap. Or against the wall. I think she is going to be one of those destructive babies.
Our waitress has a girl one week younger. We compared notes, like moms do. Bottles, sleeping, toys, etc. When the man in the turban came to worship her, he admired her for a while, received a couple of smiles and conversed. When he walked away he said, "She's smart." He must have learned How To Talk To Little Girls.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment