I once slept through earthquakes and thunderstorms and any ancillary commotion going on around me.
Venci once awoke at the faintest sound or movement within a mile radius.
Since Elli, the slightest stir from her has me immediately alert and by her side to investigate her subtle requests and desires.
Meanwhile, Venci is sleeping so soundly a truck could drive through our room and he would be none the wiser. This began day one when I watched him sleep through nurses coming to check on me, on Elli, Elli's first bath, babies crying. Although there was that one night when he woke at 2am to use the restroom. When he returned he said, "Why aren't you sleeping?"
Really? Why am I not sleeping? Might have something to do with the person attached to my boob.
But I cannot complain because he keeps me well fed with delicious vegan meals every day, helps with diaper changes and does some laundry and cleaning. He is super dad!
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment