I guess this is why people started believing in god and heaven. So they would know what to tell the kids. She asked, "What do you think happens to you when you die?" I was honest and said that I believe nothing happens - you just cease to exist. "But how? You just go to sleep?"
She was having a difficult time understanding this.
"Do you remember life before you were born?"
"No."
"Well, I believe it just goes back to that. Nothing. But you can believe anything you want - that is just what I think."
She starts to cry.
I tried to encourage her to come to her own conclusions but she felt since I was the adult, I must be right.
"Well... actually... if it makes you feel any better, in this country I am in the minority."
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I laughed so hard when I red this. I miss you Albers and hope you are doing well!
xoxo!
Post a Comment