Thursday, June 21, 2007

mp, guest blogger

The day the University Center was dark….

We finally had time to get lunch, except that she didn’t have time for lunch so it was actually dinner. I had agreed to proctor. Being the slacker I am, I showed up with just enough time to get where I was going. Except, I had no idea where I was going. I was frantically calling her while trying to get my old and slow computer running because it might be in an email. I talked to her before the computer woke up and sprinted to the classroom. They are a nice group of kids so I didn’t mind helping her out. I gave their test until she showed up. I was relieved of my duties as test administrator and headed back to McGaugh.

I was working for a bit when she said she was ready to leave. I was so excited to have a hummus veggie sandwich with her. It had literally been ages. Finally some time to together. I had it all planned out. We walked over and headed straight to Dippy. The power was out and they weren’t serving food. It was a major cramp in the plans. We went to veggie grill and it was the same thing. I wasn’t going to make this a wasted trip.

What are you going to do with all the desserts? They can’t stay in there without refrigeration. You should give some to us now before they go bad.

Ok, you can take some.

So we grabbed our free dessert and went to sit at the tables. It was a little chilly but alright to enjoy the sunny day anyway. She was very impressed that I had scored us food. I am good at foraging if nothing else. We enjoyed our desserts and both wanted some water. Finally the power came back on and we decided to go the veggie grill for our dinner since they were so nice with the free snacks.

I had a great time. I was happy we actually got to do something. Now, if I can convince her to do that again. That would be awesome.

2 comments:

meli said...

Electricity is noisy. And you said, "Well... what are you going to do with that chocolate pudding?" And with that tone he had no choice to respond, "I am going to give it to you for free."

Outstanding job, Porter.

Anonymous said...

mp -- i, too, know that feeling as i feel very fortunate to have a telephone conversation with her lasting greater than 45 seconds. i sure do miss her.