Friday, May 11, 2007

large juvie

There is a crow outside our door. He or she cannot fly and the roommate chased it away and when he or she came back the maintenance man relocated it and when he or she came back I offered her (him?) food, water and a box in which to sleep. The shelter was to reduce the radiative heat lost to the sky. When I slept he slept in the box and when I woke he was outside shivering. He will not eat the apples. He will not eat the hot dogs. I do not know what else to offer. I do hope he (she?) learns to fly.

These crooked teeth and this cracking jaw are reflections of the hours I sleep at night.

6 comments:

Roadkill said...

that crow is so emo

Anonymous said...

Hey,
thanks for not saying what happened when I opened the door yesterday. it was scary.i hope you got everything done off your list. i am here at school yeah.

Anonymous said...

they like grapes. and raisins. and bread

jers said...

there was a crow that lingered outside my door in arizona. she would eat anything -- bread, fruit -- whatever i had, she would eat. she ate a lot. i would be concerned if she's not eating. is there some wildlife management group you could call?

Anonymous said...

jers i will be in SD this summer. i will look you up through red rooster.

charlie said...

Emily is a VET.